February 8, 2021
Benefits of Thermal Spray Services
The thermal spray process is used for the purpose of restoring component size to OEM dimensions, and extending service life through enhancing resistance to abrasion, wear, heat and corrosion, among others. The results are lower maintenance costs and increased uptime for our customers!
Thermal spraying includes a variety of processes where molten material is propelled onto a substrate. The two surfaces form a mechanical bond and the substrate temperature generally remains below 300ºF so zero distortion occurs.
Additional benefits to thermal spraying include:
- Components can be re-engineered using higher performance materials
- Wear is prevented or retarded
- Improved functionality and life of process-related or OEM equipment
- Improved lead time—repairing components vs. manufacturing
- Obsolete parts no longer available from the OEM are able to be repaired/salvaged